****THURSDAY SERVICE @ I.S. 061Q****
VAN DEPARTURE TIME: 2:10 PM
VAN RETURN TO CAMPUS TIME: 6:30 PM
SERVICE TIME: 2:45 PM - 5:45 PM
SITE LOCATION: I.S. 061Q Leonardo Da Vinci, 98-50 50th Ave, Corona, NY 11368
New York Junior Tennis & Learning (NYJTL) organization develops the character of young people through tennis and education for a lifetime of success on and off the court. Through tennis, academic support, healthy living and enrichment programs focused on character development and social and emotional learning, we teach valuable life skills to underserved youth in New York City.
NYJTL offers ACES Afterschool programs in over 30 public schools across five boroughs. ACES After school programs provide safe and welcoming spaces where kids can enjoy healthy and enriching activities after the last bell rings. ACES Clubs nurture the whole child-- body, mind, and spirit, which strengthens their academic achievements and keeps them on track for success in school.
Ozanam Scholars will:
- Assist in executing the Integrated Curriculum through weekly lesson plans and activities
- Assist the Activity Specialist and Group Leaders in supervising and leading groups of participants to and from different activities
- Create and implement group activities centered around: academic support, literacy, STEM, physical activities, healthy living, leadership and community service
Please note students are required to complete the following requirements by the start of service:
- Human Resources DOH Data Collection Form (for Clearance Purposes)
- Volunteer Application (Requires 3 references and Medical Clearance Form)