QUEENS Ozanam Group Service ONLY (FRIDAY): PROJECT ID (PID)
****FRIDAY SERVICE (DMV TRIPS)****
VAN DEPARTURE TIME: 7:50 AM
VAN RETURN TO CAMPUS TIME: 1:00 PM
SITE LOCATION: St. John's Bread & Life: 795 Lexington Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11221
Bread and Life provides over 2,000 meals to the poor each day, and accompanies them on their journey to self-sufficiency by providing necessary human, legal, and medical services. As an organization, Bread and Life carries out this mission by respecting the inherent dignity of those who are poor, serving their immediate needs, and by providing avenues, resources, and support to move those in need out of poverty.
Project Identity (PID) assists the clients of Bread and Life in obtaining various proofs of identification with the objective of providing a first step in moving out of poverty and towards self-sufficiency.
Primary responsibilities during service:
- Students will be expected to meet with clients, identify their need(s), and assist with the completion and submission of applications to successfully obtain vital records.
- Students will assist in entering client information into ETO database.
- Students will be expected to photocopy and scan all client documents, maintain client files electronically, and complete Check Request Forms accurately.
- Students will be required to monitor document status, disburse documents once received, and all other administrative responsibilities.
*Students who have already done service in a previous semester are strongly encouraged to re-register for this site.
- Wednesday, September 12, 2018
- 12:00am - 4:30pm